There are many benefits of buying an Ultrasabers Grab Bag Saber, but also several reasons why you may not want to purchase a Grab Bag Saber. Ultrasabers no longer uses Apprentice or Initiate models for Grab Bag Sabers [UPDATE 3/20/2018: Viewers are reporting receiving Apprentice and Initiate models as Grab Bag Sabers].
EXPLORE SABER SELLERS affiliate links
This article contains affiliate links, meaning if you purchase an item through some links, then SaberSourcing receives some money at no cost to you. Affiliate referrals are a major funding source for SaberSourcing content. Thanks for supporting SaberSourcing!
Etsy custom sabers, stands, accessories
Entertainment Earth Force FX Elite Lightsabers
Amazon Hasbro Rey Skywalker Force FX Elite Lightsaber
Let’s talk about the top five reason NOT to buy an Ultrasabers Grab Bag Saber.
1. You want a specific hilt model
If you’ve already got your heart set on a specific hilt model or specific features like AV switches (versus guarded switches) or windows in the emitter, then you should just purchase the saber that you want! Why risk disappointment of getting a saber model or features that you don’t want?
2. You’re choosing a LED color
Choosing the LED color on an Ultrasabers Grab Bag Saber will increase the price of the saber by $5-12, depending on the LED color you select. The extra cost increases the price of your saber from $70 up to $75-$82. Most of the possible Grab Bag Sabers retail for $65-$75 (a $65 would likely have some type of upgrade feature like an AV switch to boost the value higher than the Grab Bag sale price). Ultrasabers does not send Grab Bag Sabers that are lower in value than the Grab Bag price. [UPDATE 3/20/2018: Ultrasabers Grab Bag Sabers have NO GUARANTEED VALUE, so you could receive a hilt with a lower value than you paid!].
3. You’re very picky about minor defects
Grab Bag Sabers can feature some minor defects (i.e. small scratches and scuff). If that bothers you, don’t get one. Also, sometimes a Grab Bag Saber will have a useless recharge port. The only way you could use the recharge port is to make a project of it and wire the recharge port yourself. If you just buy the lightsaber the regular way, you would not receive a useless recharge port.
4. You’re planning on spending $700 and can wait for a promotion
Ultrasabers is constantly having sales and promotions. A very common promotion they will use is a free Grab Bag Saber, with purchases of a certain amount (right now it’s typically around $700). [UPDATE 3/20/2018: Ultrasabers has had not site wide sales yet in 2018 and it’s unclear if or when they will have another sale]
5. You have inflated expectations
Keep your Grab Bag expectations grounded in reality. It’s highly unlikely you’ll receive a high end saber like Chosen One or Graflex, even though Ultrasabers shows both of those models in the Grab Bag photo.
BONUS: You need a sound saber
Ultrasabers Grab Bag Sabers are stunt sabers only! You WILL NOT receive any type of sound saber as a Grab Bag Saber.
Common Ultrasabers Grab Bag Sabers (stunt sabers only):
– Apprentice/Dark Apprentice V4 (sometimes with upgrades like an AV or windows in emitter)
– Apprentice LE V4/Dark Apprentice LE V4 (sometimes with upgrades like an AV or windows in emitter)
– Initiate V3, V4/Dark Initiate V3, V4 (sometimes with upgrades like an AV or windows in emitter)
– Initiate LE V3, V4/Dark Initiate LE V3, V4 (sometimes with upgrades like an AV or windows in emitter)
– Aeon/Dominix V2, V3, V4
– Aeon LE/Dominix LE V2, V3, V4
– Sentinel/Dark Sentinel V4
Less common Ultrasabers Grab Bag Sabers (stunt sabers only):
– Standard Issue/Dark Standard Issue V3
– Liberator/Dark Liberator V3
– Prophecy/Dark Prophecy V3
Very rare or nearly impossible Grab Bag Sabers (stunt sabers only):
– hilts higher in value than Dark Prophecy V3
* * *
Have you purchased an Ultrasabers Grab Bag Saber? Which hilt model did you receive?