A SaberSourcing viewer recently asked me if you first lightsaber should be a sound saber or a stunt saber. Let’s go over some reasons you would purchase one versus the other as a first lightsaber.
EXPLORE SABER SELLERS affiliate links
This article contains affiliate links, meaning if you purchase an item through some links, then SaberSourcing receives some money at no cost to you. Affiliate referrals are a major funding source for SaberSourcing content. Thanks for supporting SaberSourcing!
Etsy custom sabers, stands, accessories
Amazon Hasbro Ahsoka Tano Force FX Elite Lightsaber
My very first lightsaber a stunt saber from Ultrasabers and that’s how I became involved in the lightsaber hobby. The lightsaber lit up and didn’t make an sounds, and I was OK with that. I knew what I was getting into. Although some lightsaber enthusiasts scoff at stunt sabers, calling them ‘flashlights’ or ‘glow sticks’, I didn’t care much about having sound initially and liked the cheaper price tag for stunt sabers, so getting a stunt saber as first lightsaber was a good route for me.
Conversely, some people would strongly prefer sound with their first lightsaber. If you have a gut feeling initially that the lightsaber needs sound, then you should probably get a sound saber.
Cost is a critical issue to many lightsaber purchasers. Set a budget before you purchase a first lightsaber. Stunt sabers are generally much cheaper than sound sabers. Some companies like The Pach Store and Etsy seller ACLightsabers [AFFILIATE LINK] sell affordable sound sabers priced at around $100.
A pretty safe option for a first lightsaber would be a Star Wars: The Black Series Force FX lightsaber, which is an officially licensed sound saber manufactured by Hasbro. The Black Series Force FX lightsabers are all based on lightsabers from the Star Wars movies and typically cost around $150 or so (rare or retired models may cost more). Force FX lightsabers could handle some light lightsaber dueling, but they are NOT duel worthy. Still, if you’re looking for lightsaber with a metal hilt that lights up, makes sounds, and looks like a lightsaber from the Star Wars movies, a Force FX lightsaber may be a good fit for you. Force FX lightsabers are also officially licensed.
* * *
What do you think is a good a first lightsaber? What was your first lightsaber?
* * *
Find Star Wars: The Black Series Force FX lightsabers [AFFILIATE LINKS]:
• Mandalorian Darksaber Force FX Elite Lightsaber on Amazon PRE-ORDER JUNE 2021
• Ahsoka Tano Force FX Elite Lightsaber on Amazon PRE-ORDER JUNE 2021
• Emperor Palpatine Force FX Elite Lightsaber on Amazon
• Revan Force FX Elite Lightsaber on Amazon
• Count Dooku Force FX Lightsaber on Amazon
• Asajj Ventress Force FX Lightsaber on Amazon
• Kit Fisto Force FX Lightsaber on Amazon
• Supreme Leader Kylo Ren Force FX Elite Lightsaber on Amazon
• Darth Maul Force FX Lightsaber on Amazon or on eBay
• Obi-Wan Kenobi Force FX Lightsaber (TPM) on Amazon or on eBay
• Mace Windu Force FX Lightsaber on Amazon or on eBay
• Rey (Jedi Training Force FX Lightsaber on Amazon or on eBay
• Kylo Ren Force FX Lightsaber on Amazon or on eBay
• Luke Skywalker (Green Blade) Force FX Lightsaber on Amazon or on eBay
• Darth Vader Force FX Lightsaber on Amazon or on eBay
• Yoda Force FX Lightsaber on Amazon or on eBay
• Obi-Wan Kenobi Force FX Lightsaber on Amazon or on eBay
• Luke Skywalker (Blue Blade) Force FX Lightsaber on Amazon or on eBay