The first you notice about EFX Collectibles 0.45 scale Rey’s Lightsaber and Master Replicas 0.45 scale Anakin Skywalker Episode III initially is the lightsabers are the same size (they’re supposed to be–both lightsabers are 0.45 scale!). Both are also officially licensed Star Wars lightsabers.
EXPLORE SABER SELLERS affiliate links
This article contains affiliate links, meaning if you purchase an item through some links, then SaberSourcing receives some money at no cost to you. Affiliate referrals are a major funding source for SaberSourcing content. Thanks for supporting SaberSourcing!
Etsy custom sabers, stands, accessories
Amazon Hasbro Ahsoka Tano Force FX Elite Lightsaber
The two saber hilts are configured in a slightly different way. Here are some comparisons:
– Rey’s lightsaber uses little screws in the grip section and the Anakin Skywalker lightsaber does not.
– Rey’s lightsaber features a thin D-ring on the bottom, while Anakin Skywalker’s lightsaber features a miniature Covertec wheel near the bottom on the side of the hilt.
– The Anakin Skywalker lightsaber has a shinier and more reflective finish than Rey’s lightsaber.
– The bunny ears on each hilt are also arranged a bit differently–the bunny ears on the Anakin Lightsaber are linear whereas the bunny ears on Rey’s lightsaber curve out.
– Rey’s lightsaber features a red button and Anakin Skywalker’s lightsaber uses a more bronze or copper colored button.
– The clamp area around the activation box is a rough, knurled texture on the Anakin Skwalker lightsaber while Rey’s lightsaber is smooth with some narrow grooves.
– Rey’s lightsaber and Anakin Skywalker’s lightsaber use different clamp card designs
– The clip on the side of the activation is box is a thicker, gold-colored style on Anakin Skywalker’s lightsaber and a thinner metallic-silver clip on Rey’s lightsaber
– Rey’s lightsaber uses a ‘glass eye’ button near the top of the hilt, while the Anakin Skywalker uses a bronze colored button in the same area.
A big different between to the two lightsabers that you can’t see is the weight difference. The Anakin Skywalker lightsaber is solid and heavy for its size while Rey’s lightsaber is light and hollow. Finally, the two lightsabers were made by different companies. Anakin Skywalker’s lightsaber was manufactured by Master Replicas while Rey’s lightsaber was manufactured by EFX Collectibles. Additionally, Rey’s lightsaber was available exclusively through the December 2017 Loot Crate DX, while the Anakin Skywalker lightsaber was not an exclusive.
Two of the best places to find either lightsaber is on Amazon or on eBay because both lightsabers are retired and out of production. You could also try looking for the items in various lightsaber forums or message boards.
A few places to buy the lightsabers [AFFILIATE LINK]:
Master Replicas Anakin Skywalker’s lightsaber scaled replica on eBay or on Amazon
EFX Collectibles Rey’s lightsaber scaled replica on eBay or on Amazon