Where’s the battery pack and how do you change the batteries on a Savi’s Workshop lightsaber? Savi’s Workshop is the build your own lightsaber experience at Star Wars Galaxy’s Edge at Disneyland and Disney World.
Savi’s Workshop lightsabers run on 3 AAA batteries. If you purchase a Savi’s Workshop lightsaber at Star Wars Galaxy’s Edge, the 3 AAA batteries are provided and installed inside the lightsaber. If you purchase the lightsaber secondhand on eBay [affiliate link] or elsewhere, batteries may or may not be provided. Either way, you will need to change the batteries on a Savi’s Workshop eventually. The battery pack for a Savi’s Workshop lightsaber is located at the bottom of the lightsaber beneath the hilt’s pommel (endcap).
Instructions for Changing Savi’s Workshop Lightsaber Batteries
1. To access the battery pack, first unscrew the pommel (endcap). The black cylinder under the pommel is the battery pack.
2. Remove the battery pack from the hilt (sometimes the battery pack is wedged in so you may need to wiggle it a bit to remove it).
3. Next, in order to access the 3 AAA batteries, use a small Phillips screwdriver to loosen the Phillips-head screw on the side of the battery pack. DO NOT remove the three screws on the bottom of the battery pack. Removing the three screws on the bottom DO NOT help you access the batteries.
4. After loosening the screw, slide off the casing to reveal the batteries. Keep the screw in a safe place so you don’t lose it.
5. Replace the batteries, slide the casing back over the batteries, and tighten the screw on the side of the battery pack.
6. Slide the battery pack back into the hilt by finding the red arrow on the battery pack and aligning the arrow to another red arrow inside the hilt. Matching the arrows allows the battery pack to slide back into the hilt properly.
7. Screw the pommel onto the hilt and enjoy! The lightsaber will make a brief sound and slightly illuminate the kyber crystal, indicating that the hilt registers the battery pack.
* * *
Savi’s Workshop lightsabers are available exclusively at Star Wars Galaxy’s Edge at Disneyland and Disney World. Savi’s Workshop lightsabers are also available on eBay secondhand [affiliate link] and elsewhere on the internet.